Sea Kayaking Recreational Programs
Whether you are curious about sea kayaking or want to further develop your skills, we have a program for you. Click here for Paddle Canada Programs or here for General Recreation Programs.
Check out this video from a Level 3 course.
Introduction to Sea Kayaking
This two day course is for new and enthusiastic paddlers looking to jump in with both feet. We cover all the basics and add some weather, navigation, and day tourings skills for good measure. SKILS is providing kayak, kayak equipment and immersion gear.
- June 29-30, 2013: Ucluelet, British Columbia $ 300
Level 2 builds on the skills covered in the Level 1 Program by refining existing skills and adding new ones like rolling and paddling in currents. Touring skills are also introduced on an overnight trip. Anyone looking to tour in coastal waters should have these skills.
- March 16-19, 2013: Sidney and the Gulf Islands British Columbia CDN$575
- June 22-25, 2013: Sidney and the Gulf Islands British Columbia CDN$575
- August 31-September 3, 2013: Sidney and the Gulf Islands British Columbia CDN$575
Skills introduced in Level 2 are polished and applied in even more dynamic waters on the open coast. This course also includes a leadership component for those paddling in peer groups.
- April 10-14, 2013: Broken Group Islands (Pacific Rim National Park) CDN$725
- June 28-July 2, 2013: Clayoquot Sound, Tofino CDN$725
- September 18-22, 2013: Clayoquot Sound, Tofino CDN$725
- April 9-13, 2014: Broken Group Islands (Pacific Rim National Park) CDN$725
- August 20-24, 2014: Clayoquot Sound, Tofino CDN$725
This is where all the other cool paddling stuff lives! Designed for experienced coastal paddlers, Level 4 provides a dynamic and rewarding group environment for paddlers to share skills and knowledge and add a few extra tools to their tool box.
- Evening of April 21 to April 28, 2013: Quadra Island and West Coast CDN$1200
- Evening of October 24 to October 31, 2013: Quadra Island and Clayoquot Sound CDN$1200
We designed this program with touring in mind. We start our program by learning how not to surf, and slowly build in the skills and knowledge to paddle with confidence in and around the surf zone.
- May 25-26, 2013: Ucluelet CDN$299
- July 27-28, 2013: Ucluelet CDN$299
- August 24-25, 2013: Ucluelet CDN$299
- September 21-22, 2013: Ucluelet CDN$299
Currents are ubiquitous features of coastal paddling and they offer rewards and risks. These clinics apply basic skills and knowledge to these dynamic waters, helping develop knowledge and confidence.
- August 24-25, 2013: Victoria CDN$299
We love currents paddling around Quadra Island and we want you to come see what all the fuss is about! Lots of rapids, boils, eddies, and big waves. If this is your idea of a good time, come play with us.
- April 22,23,24, 2013: Quadra Island CDN$600
- October 25-27, 2013: Quadra Island CDN$600
- June 2-3, 2013: Skookumchuck Rapids CDN$325
- August 13-15, 2013: Skookumchuck Rapids CDN$500
Rock gardening is the sea kayaking equivalent of white water paddling. We actively seek to play where waves and rocks meet. Its a great place to refine your technical paddling skills, sharpen your tactical decision making, focus your mental concentration and awareness, and challenge your physical limits.
- November 17, 2013, 1 day: East Sooke $150
- June TBA, 2013, Kyuquot-Spring Island CDN$1599
- October 19, 2013, 1 day: East Sooke $150
- November 2, 2013, 1 day: East Sooke $150
- October 26-27, 2013, 2 days: Ucluelet $299
This is an expedition style course that is designed for the intermediate to advanced paddler that wishes to explore remote locations while receiving quality instruction and feedback along the way. Whether you have received training through a professional organization, or you are a motivated boater with practical experience, this course will allow you to apply and polish your existing skills while deepening your understanding of their tactical applications.
- August 3-10, 2013, 8 days: North Coast of Vancouver Island $1799
Lots More Sea Kayak Clinics!
We specialize in custom programs. Contact us for details or submit a Service Quote Form.
Paddling Certification in Canada
Our Program Skill Levels
Confidential, SKILS Survey Monkey, 2011