Our Tofino-Hot Springs Cove Expedition is designed for intermediate to advanced paddlers looking to refine their touring skills while undertaking an exciting sea kayaking journey. Leaving from the small surf town of Tofino, and returning to our launch spot via an entirely different route, paddlers will discover new spectacular spaces on each leg of the trip, while also having the opportunity to learn key kayaking skills on an educational paddling adventure.
The program is based in Clayoquot Sound which was designated an UNESCO Biosphere Reserve in 2000, and for good reason: the area exemplifies the beautiful, wild, West Coast of BC, with an abundance of whales, sea otters, eagles, sea stars, and other natural wonders. Long, wide, sandy beaches dominate the exposed coastline, while further back from the water’s edge, old growth forests and mountainous terrain fill the vistas.
Hot Spring Cove itself is a magical place with amazing natural hot springs and trails through old growth rain forest. Kayaking is the best way, and one of the only ways, to visit the area. We will also spoil you with gourmet food!
Minimum Skill LevelYou like to eat? Check out our food photo gallery
- Participants must be 16 years of age or older.
- Considerable personal paddling experience including overnights.
- Participants must be able to maintain a speed of 3 knots.
- Participants must have prior training with strokes and rescues.
- Participants must feel comfortable in gentle swell of 1 to 2 meters high and in winds of up to 15 knots.
- Please note that this program is not for beginners. If you are unsure of your ability to take this course, please call us to discuss your concerns prior to registering.
June 24-30, 2019 (7 days)
Clayoquot Sound, Vancouver Island
We love custom trips!
Other dates are available for custom or private trips. Contact us for more info.
Everything about this trip was first class. Well done!
Booking and Payment Notes
A deposit of $600 is required at the time of registration in order to secure your spot. The balance of your payment is due at least 30 days before the start of the program. Payment can be made by Interac E-Transfer, cheque, money order, or cash. You can also pay the full amount with a credit card using the online registration system on our website.