This is an expedition designed for the intermediate to advanced paddler that wishes to explore remote locations while receiving quality instruction and feedback along the way. Whether you have received training through a professional organization, or you are a motivated boater with practical experience, this course will allow you to apply and polish your existing skills while deepening your understanding of their tactical applications. This type of expedition is aimed at guests seeking adventure, learning and challenges not normally offered on the average guided tour.
Traveling through the remote Orca and Humpback whale habitats of Northern Vancouver Island you will push yours skills while exploring surf beaches and the rocky points of this beautiful ocean playground. Facilitated by our committed instructors you will take full advantage of this wild place. You will hone your skills in everything from expedition management to technical paddling and build yourself from confident paddler to competent mariner.
Join us for an adventure that will be sure to develop you’re surfing and dynamic paddling skills; if nothing else, you will head home with one heck of a story!
Minimum Skill LevelYou like to eat? Check out our food photo gallery
- Interested candidates should have extensive (over 50 days) previous sea kayak experience and have experience in dynamic waters and surf.
- Participants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Restricted Radio Operators License (marine VHF) is recommended but not required.
- Considerable personal paddling experience in light and moderate sea conditions or higher including overnights.
- You must be able to paddle at a speed of 3 knots for up to 6 hours per day. If you can not maintain this speed for up to 6 hours this program is not for you.
- Please note that this program is very intense as well as mentally and physically demanding. If you are unsure of your ability to take this program, please call us to discuss your concerns prior to registering.
June 28-July 5, 2020
North Coast of Vancouver Island
We love custom trips!
Other dates are available for custom or private trips. Contact us for more info.
Great technical skills combined with superior interpersonal skills. Rare qualities to find in one person and we had two guides with those qualities.
Booking and Payment Notes
A deposit of $600 is required at the time of registration in order to secure your spot. The balance of your payment is due at least 30 days before the start of the program. Payment can be made by Interac E-Transfer, cheque, money order, or cash. You can also pay the full amount with a credit card using the online registration system on our website.
If you do not meet the prerequisites listed above, and are still interested in this challenging program, we may be able to provide you with some training beforehand. We will be camping for an extended period of time which means this course is intense as well as mentally and physically demanding.